NEWSINVESTIGATORS

Primaries : Elliot Alleges Irregularities,Withdraws From Surulere Constituency 1 Race

News Investigators/ Desmond Elliot has described Wednesday’s  APC  Lagos State House of Assembly primaries in Surulere 1 Constituency as flawed.

Mr Elliot, the incumbent lawmaker representing the constituency, said this in an  interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Wednesday in Lagos.

He alleged irregularities and intimidation of his supporters,adding he had  stepped down from the race in interest of his constituents.

NAN reports that the lawmaker,who was seeking a fourth term,  made the statement at about 2:40 p.m. while voting was still underway at Paddington Playing Ground.

“Across the wards, they are intimidating my people and using canes to scare members. There was no due diligence, and a lot of my supporters are outside,” Elliot said.

“For the peace of the people of Surulere, I am going to honourably withdraw from this race. I give God the glory for the opportunity to serve them for three terms,” he said.

Earlier, Personal Assistant to President Tinubu on Constituency Affairs, Kadijat Kareem, described the election as peaceful .

Mrs Kareem,who spoke sith newsmen while voting at Ward F 2&3 (Stadium/Ojuelegba) around 3.p.m, commended the  peaceful conduct of party members during the exercise.

“The accreditation is going smoothly, and no one is forcing any member to vote for a particular candidate. Everyone here is free to make their choice.

“We are monitoring the process closely, which is why we are here live. So far, the election process has been fine.

NAN

Exit mobile version