Jos Bomb Blasts: NEMA Confirms 32 Dead, 47 Injured, 2 Female Suicide Bombers Carried Out Attacks -Police

0
371

By Ibrahim Imam, Kaduna.

The National Emergency Management Agency, NEMA, has reviewed the Thursday Jos explosion death toll from 25 to 32 deaths.Jos bomb blast scene

The Police Command in Jos said the bomb explosions, which occurred at about 6:30p.m yesterday around the Terminus area, were carried out by two female suicide bombers.

Security source, however, informed News Investigators that the casualty figure has risen to 40 dead. The explosion took place at the area populated by the Hausa-Fulani traders,” the source added.

NEMA, in its twitter handle, @nemanigeria, on Friday informed that 32 people have been confirmed dead, while 47 others injured and were taken to hospitals for medical attention.

It said, “The victims are being treated in three separate hospitals within Jos. Survivors were hospitalized at Plateau Specialist Hospital, in Ward 1.

At Bingham Teaching Hospital, “10 people who sustained minor injuries had been treated and discharged,” NEMA added.

It further informed that some bodies had been deposited at hospital mortuary.

A twin bombs explosion occurred in the Jos Main Market at about 6:20p.m yesterday killing scores with several others injured.

Barely 6 months after a twin bomb blast rocked the Terminus Area of Jos in the Central Business Area, killing scores and injuring dozens.