Borno: Boko Haram Invaded Kawuri Again, Killed 52

1
333

By Ibrahim Imam, Kano

Armed men suspected to be members of the Boko Haram Sect on Sunday night invaded Kawuri District of Konduga Local Government Area of Borno state  killing a soldier and 51 civilians even as several policemen were wounded in the latest attacks.

The gunmen sacked several villages and burnt over 300 houses in Kawuri District which is one of the biggest towns in Konduga along Maiduguri – Bama Expressway, about 25 minutes drive from the state capital. This is the second time Kawuri town is under attack the first being October last year when 10 persons were killed.

Many who were injured during the attack were taken to the Konduga General Hospital and the University of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital where they are said to be receiving treatments.

Newsinvestigators learnt that the latest attack on Kawuri town took place at about 5pm on Sunday. “The gunmen armed with AK47 rifles and petrol bombs invaded the community, they shot sporadically killing so many people, some who are lucky sustained wound and some people got burnt, in all, about 52 dead bodies were counted,” an eyewitness said at the hospital.

The Joint Task Force Spokesman could not be reached as at the time of filing this report. An eyewitness told our correspondent that the men of JTF responded in no time to stem further advances of the terrorists who were said to have fled into the Sambisa forest.

Villages and town in Borno had witnessed renewed attacks in the last one week, 37 communities including Kwaljiri, Kaya, Ngawo Fate, Limanti, Njaba, Yahuri, Mude, Wala and Alau in Damboa, Konduga and Gwoza Local Government Areas have all been sacked by terrorists living displaced residents taking refuge in neighbouring villages in Cameroon Republic and other towns, including Maiduguri.

 

Comments are closed.