By Ibrahim Imam, Kaduna.
The Nigerian military said its troops have continued to pursuit fleeing terrorists who it earlier dislodged from the Chibok town, in Borno state, just as it has restored normalcy in the town.
The military also announced that it had made arrest of the wounded.
“Terrorists who attacked Chibok town early yesterday have been effectively flushed out, it said in a tweet Sunday. Adding that “subsequent mopping up is still ongoing.”
Earlier, Deputy Director of Army Public Relations, Colonel Sani Usman, confirmed the recapture of Chibok town by the military, saying the troops from the 7 Division of Nigerian Army have engaged the militants, dislodged and recaptured the town.
It would be recalled that Chibok, a town in the troubled northeast region was seized last Thursday by insurgents.
The insurgents had earlier abducted over 200 girls from the Government Secondary School, Chibok since April 14, 2014, many of whom are still in their custody.